Official Kauai Open Martial Arts Tournament Rules & Regulations
Goals: OHANA, SPORTSMANSHIP & COMPETITION
I. Divisions must have 3 or more contestants, or it may be combined with another division
II. Competitors must compete in their own age divisions
III. All divisions will compete in Grand Championships
Kata- forms- Palama sets
- Scoring will be on a scale of 5 to 8 with decimal points. (6.4, 7.2, Ek.)
- There will be 3 judges and scores will be judged on total points. In the event of a tie, The competitor/s may be asked to perform another form or kata.
- There will be no music in traditional divisions. Music will only be allowed in the open
- “SHOWMANSHIP” division.
- There will be 5 judges for the Grand championship Divisions
- SAFETY EQUIPMENT IS MANDATORY IN ALL FIGHTING/KUMITE DIVISIONS-ALL DIVISIONS
- Competitors, referees, and judges should be in full uniform. (Respect) NO EXCEPTIONS FOR COMPETITORS
- There will be 3 judges in Under Brown Belt and 5 judges in Brown/Black Belt divisions
- The length of the match will be 2 minutes
- First competitor to reach 3 points or highest score at end of 2 min. period (l will be declared the winner of the match.
- When a point is seen by one of the judges, that judge will shout “stop!” The center referee will call for flags and either the flag (red & white) or a hand will be raised for the particular point. Each of the three (3) will call their point (l ea..) and the majority will rule.
- Designated target areas are A) the Side of the neck B) the Chest Area. C) Side of the Body (No Kidney) D)Groin (Controlled/ No Heavy contact) E) Controlled strikes & kicks to the head in Adult divisions, and in the advanced divisions, light contact to the head will be allowed. Excessive contact will be at the discretion of the center referee. Blood/automatic Disqualification
- Sweeping will only be with the front leg.
- No excessive body contact • competitor will be warned once 2ml time • point will be awarded to the opponent; 3rd time. Disqualification
- Running out of the Ring• Competitor will be warned once; 2nd time• point will be awarded to the opponent.
- All Disqualifications to be verified- Majority rules.
- All competitors will compete in their own belt divisions. Any discrepancy will be taken to the Tournament Director.
FOUL AREAS: Absolutely no face contact in any junior divisions
A.) Back of head B.) Spine C.) Throat D.) Back of neck E.) Any joint(s) F.) Kidney area
I, THE UNDERSIGNED< DO HEREBY ASSUME ALL RISKS OF PERSONAL INJURY while attending, traveling
to and/or from, participation in the said tournament, and acting for myself, my heirs, personal representatives & assigns, do release the property owner, manager, landlord, host, sponsors tournament officials, the officers, agents, and representatives of said organizations taking part, individually and collectively, from all liability including claims against and suits at law or in equity for any injury, fatal or otherwise may result directly or otherwise, which may result directly or otherwise from my traveling to, participating in, or returning from the said contest.
I further fully understand that if I am under 18 years of age, my parent, guardian, or instructor must sign this application. All Contestants must be certified as qualified competitors by their instructors. School Chief Instructors must assume full responsibility for his/ her student’s abilities.
SAFETY EQUIPMENT IS MANDATORY (1 Mouthpiece, Footpads, Groin, Cup, Headgear & Gloves)
Signature of Participant ( Text Signature in the field- 18 yrs and over in field below) Parent/Guardian Signature is needed for 17 years and below.